Friday, May 18, 2012

Senior Fun

Last weekend Dan and I had the opportunity to take John and 7 of his friends to Lake Powell.  We wanted to do something memorable with John as he is graduating from high school in a couple of weeks.  This trip was a pleasure.  The company was wonderful, scenery spectacular, and the rest was needed.  I was especially pleased because the kids were nice, helpful, funny and good.  There was no drama.  Everyone was friendly and kind to everyone else.

Our group on the Angelene

Lots and lots of water fun

Jumping off the roof of the houseboat

Heading into a slot canyon

We only dared enter this place on a day without rain

We could all chose the height we wanted to jump

We built a big fire

Me and my man in our raw beauty (uugh)

Defiance House indian ruins

I like this pic because you can see the group on the boat as well as John and Bretton climbing down the rock wall

Our last morning, the kids still sleeping as we head back to Bullfrog.

We talked about taking this group to Powell again in a few years when the boys are back from their missions but realized it probably won't happen.  By then some may be married or going to different schools.  Things will never be the same.  This was a fun way to celebrate years in high school.  From here on out things are going to be a lot different for these kids.

2 comments:

  1. What fun parents you are! I can't believe John is graduating. Remember when he and Katie were the only kids on the block too little to go to school? Where has the time gone :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a memorable trip for those 8 kids and you fun parents. Thank you again SOOO much for making this possible for these guys. I know Jake will never forget it.

    ReplyDelete