Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Battered Husband

Dan and I went on a snow shoe adventure up Cottonwood Canyon in Logan Canyon.  See all the snow on the trees?

Dan was very good at hitting the branches just as I went under them to give me a  nice snow shower.
One time I saw my chance to get back at him.  He went under a pine tree covered with snow.  I put up my ski pole to give the tree a nice whack.  I swung as hard as I could.  I MISSED THE TREE!  My ski pole hit the back of Dan's head straight on with all the power my arms could muster:-(  
I am such a loser.  
I love my husband.
He fell to his knees.  I'd given him a nice bleeding bump on his head.
He was kind.  He forgave me.  We still had a good time the rest of the trip.
On the way back he was well enough to...
slide down the...

frozen river.

I did not try to batter my husband.  I'm glad he's okay.
Love that man.

5 comments:

  1. Poor Dan! We've all seen how hard you swing at Coneflowers! I laughed out loud at your post but not at Dan. He's lucky to be alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm giggling, but trying not to laugh out loud. I'm sure it's funny now, but wasn't at the time. My kids would never let me live something like that down - I'd hear about it forty years from now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If he turns up missing............we will know right where to go, those beautiful mountains!
    Glad he's okay. Neil HATES being hit in the head, forgiveness would take a few days at least.
    Happy Day to You!! HUGS! T
    Thanks for taking good care of Miss Demi Anderson....a.k.a. my sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my.. I'm laughing again just thinking about it. SOOO wish I would have been there to see it. Love you mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is why I love you Nan! You made me laugh. Sorry Dan. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete