Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hope

This week there is a little secret that is alive and well in Logan Canyon.  I feel so blessed to be in on the secret.
The Maguire Primrose is a darling little flower that blooms for a short time in the spring and is found no where in the world but Logan Canyon.  It's easy to miss because it grows high on the rock walls and in only a few select places in the canyon.

I've visited it 4 times already in the past week and hope to go again.  It brightens my day.  Here is a dainty, beautiful flower, hanging precariously from the cliff walls.  It blooms after the harsh winter but before the warm temperatures, bringing color to the gray canyon and a hope for the coming warm weather. 

It's symbolic to me of our trials in life.  Life can be harsh like the cold winter.  Sometimes through our trials it feels as though we are just barely hanging (maybe for dear life) to the cliff wall but as we hang on with hope and faith we see the color and the hope of the future.  Sometimes we receive a tender mercy or divine signature but whatever it is we can move forward with faith and hope for all that is in store for us in the future.  There is always, always hope.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Nan, that made me feel warm inside. I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan~ That is my favorite thing yet you have posted! I am a flower-junkie! What a blessing-find......
    Thanks so much for sharing, I LOVED IT! I want some!!!
    HUGS! Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well put, maybe I will copy a picture of this flower so it can remind me exactly that when I need it most!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom I love this :) Maybe we can go look at it on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Nan! I love how you love learning about the many beautiful flowers as we hike. Your enthusiasm has been and educational experience for me. They are fun to know and learn about :) especially the Maquire Primrose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! And the meaning it has to you makes it even more special. So happy you shared it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With all the ugliness the world has to offer, it's nice to be reminded of the simple beauty of the earth. There is power and inspiration in the little things ~ it's as if this flower is a visual "still, small voice." Thanks, Nan!

    ReplyDelete