Monday, November 22, 2010

Taking a Family Portrait

We've been trying for months to get this group of 14 together for a family pic.  It's been nearly impossible.  Finally, we found a day.  Last Saturday, November 20, was it.  I watched the forecast as the day approached and it didn't look good.  I had some out door settings but no inside settings for the picture.  I didn't know what to do.  If we canceled it may take another 6 months before we could get together again and Mindy's little pouch is growing (yes, that is an announcement) so we needed to do it ASAP.  On Saturday morning, as Mindy and Jake were driving up from Bountiful, it started to rain.  Oh well, we had our day and we went with it.

As we were getting ready it was lightly raining.


We used my son, Mark, as our photographer.  Hooray for camera timers.   He used the towel to protect the camera from the rain.  The singing Snowman in front of the camera was used to get the grandchildren's attention with marginal success.


This one looks pretty good, except, look at the babies.  Hahahaha.  Mark thinks he can fix them with photo shop.

Once again, this is good of everyone EXCEPT THE BABIES!  Oh well, photo shop.

As an after thought we did some family groups.  I love these.

Dan and Nan

Mark and Jenn



Mindy,  Jake and Cash

Sarah, Jim and Gracie

Megan and Tom

This is not the final pic but I love it.  Cash and Gracie had had it and Karen and John had fun trying to keep them happy.


This family pic will be up to date for 7 months, until Mindy has her baby in June.  Then, we'll try again.

7 comments:

  1. I can imagine it just gets harder and harder the more your family grows. The pictures turned out fantastic! Just try not to think about doing it all over again in a few short months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are great. It will get harder as you get more little ones to make sure everyone is looking in the right spot. My immediate family is up to 35 people right now and it is near impossible to get a good photo without doing some head swaps:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great family photos Nan. Just look what you and Dan started by falling in love. You are so blessed. I love the last photo with John and Karen. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And congrats on a new little one! Your family is growing by leaps and bounds :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. these pictures are great! I am so excited for Mindy and so Jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! Great photographer and beautiful people!

    ReplyDelete