Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Helpless female? HA!

It's 5am.  I get in the car to head to the sports club to have a nice run on a treadmill.  The car won't start.  Nothing.  Nada.  Dead battery.  The other car is in the shop.  The truck is at the sports club already because Tom works there and took the truck at 4:30am.  Dan is asleep.  What do I do?

I want to exercise.  John needs a working car by 7am to go to school.  I don't want to disturb my wonderful husband's sleep.  I form my plan.  Here's what I did.
1.  I ran the 2 1/2 miles to the sports club.
2.  I got the truck from Tom and drove it home.
3.  I jumped the car with the truck.  (I had to read in the owner's manual to find out how to open the hood.)
4.  I drove the truck back to the sports club.
5.  I ran home and had enough time to run a couple more miles.
Above you can see how tired and lousy I look after an early morning run.

Results?
Did I get exercise?  Check
Did John have a working car in time for school?  Check
Did Dan get his beauty sleep?  Check.  He didn't know what had happened until it was all over.

It feels good to take care of a problem, especially a car problem, all by myself.  I had a good morning.

7 comments:

  1. I am not surprised one single solitary bit!! This post is just a tiny sample of the Nan we all know and love. Good for you!! 5:00 a.m.? Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny!! I just read this post to Jake...adorable. :) I love you mom. You're the best and I wanna be just like you when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nan! You are amazing! We sure miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! I wouldn't think a little thing like not having a car could/would stop you from exercising! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm truly impressed. I could, MAYBE, figure out how to jump a battery, but the running part - naaa. I have a treadmill and elliptical here. Let me know if you ever want to use them. Oh, and a really big TV to watch while you run. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are my hero! I would have gone back to bed :) Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nan you never cease to amaze me. Is that the day we went to lunch. I went to help a girl jump her car at the high school Friday and my jumper cables were missing, I was not about to run home and get them. I would never have made it anyway. Next time I'm taking you with me to take care of the wild turkies. I bet you can show them who is boss, or at least you can outrun them.

    ReplyDelete