Saturday, February 13, 2010

A tie that matches

 
So, tonight, John is going to Sweethearts Ball with cute Madi.  It's nice because they are good friends so none of the awkwardness that I felt when I went to a dance at 16.  I remember hardly knowing one of my early dance dates and so spending a whole evening with him was, well, uncomfortable.
Not so with John and Madi.  
Now a days the dates like to match.  This week John brought home a swatch of fabric from Madi's dress so he could chose his shirt.
 
We went shopping and found a shirt that was close to the same color of tan.  For a tie, Madi told him her dress had a pinkish color.  We found two ties that were "pinkish" but we didn't know which was the right "pinkish."  John got out his phone, took a picture of the ties and sent it to Madi.  She said that neither tie was right. Her color was more of an orangeish pink.   Hmmmm.  We looked some more  and found an "orangeish pink" tie.  Once again, he took a picture and sent it for Madi's approval.  Her answer?  "Perfect!"  We bought the tie.
From this picture you can see it's a pretty good match.  Phew!

 
And here you can see that Jameson and Aly did a pretty good job matching, too.
I hardly dared talk to my date and John's date is helping him chose his attire.  I have a feeling he's going to have a lot more fun than I did on that early date.

4 comments:

  1. She's a lucky girl! Can you believe he is old enough to go to dances? We should have taken our 2 little ones hiking back in those days when they were the only ones left in the neighborhood. That would have been fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow John is so grown up! He looks way older than 16 to me. Was his date Madi Daines? I can't tell. Looks like fun- crazy about the "matching!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that they can talk about their attire. I hope they had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watch out Nan! I went to Sweetheart's Ball with Patrick as "just friends," look where that landed us! Oh, it was so nice not to feel awkward the whole time though.

    ReplyDelete