I've always felt different. Most women my age like to shop, wear cute clothes and spend a lot of time and effort decorating their houses. I'm weird. I hate shopping. My clothes are, well, average. I need help in the interior design department. But, I love the outdoors. I love to hike, snow ski, water ski, cross country ski, and more. I wish I had more time to be out side. I've felt I've been cut out of a different mold than other women my age. Well, I was wrong!
Today it was -12, yes, -12 in Logan but 11 women met me at the church parking lot and we headed up Logan canyon for a snow shoeing adventure. They WANTED to go. We drove to the Limber Pine trail near the summit of Logan Canyon, put on our coats, hats, gloves, boots and snow shoes and had the BEST time! We laughed, sang, crunched, climbed, enjoyed nature and each other.
I've come to the realization that a lot of women like the out doors, or at least would like to like the out doors, but they don't know what to do or where to go. All they need is a friend to go with and they are there. My heart was warmed today as 11 women braved the cold for a snow shoe adventure. I guess I'm not as weird as I thought I was. ( I still hate to shop and need a lot of help with my house but that's another blog post)
By the way, it was much warmer up Logan Canyon-close to 20 degrees when we started. The temperature inversion in Cache Valley doesn't reach the summit in the Canyon. We removed a lot layers along the way as we hiked.
I'd rather do outdoors activities than shop or decorate too - this looks like a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you too Nan. Shopping is not my thing either. Snowshoeing was wonderful and the day was beautiful! I'm looking forward to next Valentine dinner. Who knows what the two of us can brew up????
ReplyDeleteI will take snow shoeing over shopping any day. I also don't like to shop and places like Tai Pan give me much anxiety. Thank goodness my shopping inclined girls have a grandma that likes to take them shopping. I love the outdoors and being with good friends. Thanks Nan and JoLynn for dreaming up the Likin Hikin Ladies!
ReplyDelete