Sunday, November 1, 2009
Tradition
I love November 1st. It's the first day of my decade old tradition. I start reading the Book of Mormon on November 1st and finish it on December 24. I have a schedule that I follow. On the average it's about 10 pages a day. As I read I look for Christ. For me it's a great way to keep my mind focused on why we celebrate this season. It adds a little calm to the craziness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nan you are such a great example to me and so many others. You probably have no idea how much you are loved by so many people! It's just a coincidence but, I too started reading the BOM again today. I hadn't planned on finishing it by Christmas but, now because of you, I think I will try.
ReplyDeletewow that is awesome! Can't wait to see everyone for Thanksgiving
ReplyDeletethis is a great tradition! our bishop challenged the ward to read the BOM this year with our seminary kids. since we both work with the youth, we thought it was a good idea to participate and keep them motivated- we are a little behind schedule but trying to keep up with those teenagers!
ReplyDelete