John turned 16. How did that happen? Wasn't he born yesterday? He was our little caboose. Planned and wanted but it took a little divine intervention to let us know we wanted to plan for another child. He's been a joy from day one. I'm so thankful he came to our family. When he was a baby, and even as he grew, I was so appreciative of his ability to bring out the best in the rest of us. I loved seeing his older brothers and sisters love and adore him. I could see in them qualities of unselfishness, compassion, and charity that I weren't always evident but they were there in abundance around their little brother.
An experience that I had with John before he was born taught me that he was a valiant, good, and pleasant person. Yes, he is all of those and more. I love John and am so thankful he is a part of my family.
Now, look out on the roads because here he comes. He'll be driving a little red car. Use caution!!!
NAN!!!! it's been forever:) ya really, when did he grow up?? i remember the cute little blonde running all around the neighborhood!
ReplyDeleteNan do you remember when all the neighborhood kids were in school and Katie and John were too young so they would play all the time together? They were the best of buddies. Where did the years go?!! Now they don't even talk to each other....it's not cool...haha. Happy Birthday to John!
ReplyDelete